Basic Obedience Classes
Our basic obedience classes are open to all dogs and puppies ages 3 months old and up. Yes old dogs can learn new tricks! The classes are one night a week for six weeks. During this time we work on many behaviors starting with an important foundation, marker training. Using that foundation we will cover behaviors like sit, down, stay (with handler visable), walking on a leash, leave it, and indoor/long line recall.
Basic Obedience Classes are $120 for the full six week course. Price must be paid in full at either the Meet and Greet, or the first class. In the event of holidays or reschedules on my part, classes will extend to an additional week added on at the end. Classes missed by participants will not be refunded.
Intermediate Obedience Classes
Our basic obedience classes are open to all dogs and puppies that have either graduated from the basic class, or can already perform all of the behaviors covered. The classes are one night a week for six weeks. During this time we work on many behaviors such as stay (absent handler), heel, place/touch, spin, stand, and off-leash recall,
Intermediate Obedience Classes are $150 for the full six week course. Price must be paid in full at either the Meet and Greet, or the first class. In the event of holidays or reschedules on my part, classes will extend to an additional week added on at the end. Classes missed by participants will not be refunded.
If you feel like a class setting is not for you, no worries! We offer private lessons as well. This is a much more customizable option. Private lessons are pay as you go, and we get together before hand to discuss what your goals are and what you would like to see your dogs learn. These lessons are once a week and can be held either at Posh Paws, or in some cases (depending on your location and available training space) can take place at your home. Please know that the location of private lessons are at my discretion.
Private lessons are $30 per one hour lesson, and an additional $10 per half hour of over time. These lessons are pay as you go. We can keep them up for as long as you feel you still need me to help!
Things to Know
- Classes are held once a week at the Posh Paws Facility in Reno, Tx
- Classes range in size from 4-6 dogs.
- All class participants must schedule a meet and greet with Tara before the first class. This is a great for everyone to get acquainted and for Tara to evaluate where you and your dog are at as a team.
- Meet and Greets take place at Posh Paws.
- A copy of your dog's current vaccination records from your veterinarian must be brought to the meet and greet. Necessary vaccinations are DHPP, Rabies, and Kennel Cough.
- The effectiveness of your dog's training is in your hands! Class is meant to teach you to teach your dog. Our goal is to provide you with the things you will need in class to work with your dog at home during the week.
- Good Dog Training does not do corrective behavior training. We do not fix problem behaviors and we do not address aggression issues. We want a fun, safe, happy environment for everyone.